Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WWW Wednesdays: So Many Wonderful Choices


To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

Currently Reading:

Emeralds Never Fade, Stephen Maitland-Lewis

Intriguing and engrossing so far. I'm only 45 pages in, but it's clear there's heartache ahead. I hope there's some triumph to balance it out, but the subject matter could go either way. A mother's emerald necklace seems key, and I know very little so far.


Recently Finished:

Turning Point, Melissa Luznicky Garrett

5 stars. Amazing! So not what I was expecting. A tale rich in characters and plot, I couldn't put it down once the really meaty part kicked in less than one-third of the way through.

"Jenna discovers there’s a liar in La Grange, and he’s deceived everyone. Now she must decide whether to run away from the truth, or blow his secret wide open." This teaser, from Melissa's press release, in no way prepares you for the deception and secrets exposed in the book.

A full review will hopefully be up in the next day or so. I'm a bit behind in reviews, since I still haven't posted my Henrietta Lacks one. But I promise to get on it!

Will Read Next:

So many wonderful choices. I want to read another one by Melissa Foster and Melissa Luznicky Garrett, but also want to mix it up.

Drum roll... next is Cancelled by Elizabeth Ann West. I met Elizabeth through A Round of Words in 80 Days. Always on the ball and giving, I can't wait to read her book. It's been on my list to buy for a long time, so imagine my happy squeals when I was able to pick it up for 99 cents at last week's launch party for Melissa Foster's Come Back to Me.

Find out more about Elizabeth here.

I've also committed to reading Stephen King's On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Looking forward to hearing from other readers. What are you reading?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Tia!! You made me blush. I'm glad I give the resemblance of always being on the ball, but I am definitely always giving. Shoot, I even get along with my husband's ex-wife! LOL.

I really enjoyed Stephen King's On Writing. I also recently enjoyed How Not To Write a Novel (it was hilarious! well worth the $10.99 ebook price).

Let's see, tonight I'm starting Karen Baney's new book Nickels that comes out December 15th on the WoMen's Literary Cafe. I love, love, love that as an author you make friends, get to help them out, and get a sneak peek at titles before ANYONE else. Also on my docket is the non-fiction work Contested Will by James Shapiro. It's the book the movie Anonymous is based on (and no I haven't seen the movie yet).

Thanks again, you're such a dear! I hope you love CANCELLED as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Tia Bach said...

Glad to hear more good things about Stephen King's On Writing. I've been wanting to read it for awhile.

I, too, love the writing community. I've always been an avid reader, and now I get to read things I might never have known about.

Looking forward to Cancelled. Thanks for stopping by!