Monday, February 6, 2012

Football Wins Over Reading: Musing Mondays

Another Musing Mondays prompt from Should be Reading:

Did you do any reading in lieu of watching the football game, yesterday, or were you foregoing reading to watch the game? If you read a book (or books) what did you choose?

I was enjoying the game. First, I am a huge professional football fan. But I was also enjoying the commercials and the halftime show. My favorite commercial: Clint Eastwood's Chrysler commercial.

If you missed it, here's a bit from the ad: "It's halftime in America too. People are out of work and are hurting and all are wondering what they are going to do because they know it isn't a game. The people of Detroit know a little something about this. They almost lost everything, but we all pulled together now Motor City is fighting again."

I also enjoyed the Ferris Bueller Honda ad. But combine that with the Madonna halftime show, and I was left feeling... old. I loved Madonna growing up, but I thought she looked awkward at times during the show. The dance moves seemed made for a younger version of herself, and I didn't need to see her with gold pom poms. Anyone sub-30 watching this year must have been so clueless.

My daughter asked me who Ferris Bueller was and what prohibition was (thanks, Budweiser). At least she did know Madonna.

Tonight, however, I'm back to reading. The Book Thief needs my attention.

Did you curl up with a good book last night or watch the Superbowl festivities?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the Superbowl, but I watched the Ferris Bueller commercial and Madonna performance on Youtube. I feel old as well.

Tia Bach said...

Medeia, I give Madonna props for getting out there in skintight leather and rocking it, but since I remember her doing the exact same thing 20 years ago (ahem, maybe more), it's a bit much. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by!