Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WWW: Wednesdays, Reading Fun

Another Should be Reading post topic.


To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

Currently Reading:

I am loving Valhalla, by Jennifer Willis. I started reading it this summer on my Kindle. Other work and assignments got in the way, but I jumped back in this week. Norse Gods and Witches abound. If you loved this summer's Thor movie, you will like this even more. And it's independently published. Find out more at her website.

Recently Finished:

Wilderness Heart, by Jacqueline Hopkins. See my review here. I was disappointed with this book, received for review from Rebeccas Reads.

Will Read Next:

Precipice by Melissa Luznicky Garrett. So excited! Please see Monday's post about this. A teaser from the back cover: "I've been trying to convince myself since the first day we met not to go down this road," he says, "but I don't know how much longer I can keep up the charade."

I'm always on the hunt for new reads, so please leave suggestions in the comments. I am particularly interested in independently published and small press books. Feel free to toot your own horn!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope I don't disappoint! :-D

Unknown said...

PS - I am currently reading an ARC of Emlyn Chand's Farsighted (young adult).

I recently finished Jessica McHugh's Rabbits in the Garden (creepy suspense/thriller).

I can't make up my mind if I want to start Lisa Wiedmeier's Cheyenne, or if I want to re-read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander.

Tia Bach said...

I can't imagine any disappointment, Melissa!

Thanks for the suggestions. I've added these to my must-read list. I love Novel Publicity and all Emily's done for authors, so I definitely want to support her. Found Jessica through NP, I'm pretty sure.

Years ago I read Outlander, right after having my last baby, and was unimpressed. Everyone loved it, so I picked up book 2 and in three weeks read 2 more follow ups. I think my frame of mind was off when I read the first one.

Unknown said...

Both my SIL and good friend couldn't finish Outlander, but I fell in love from the very beginning. The funny thing is another friend sent it to me with the warning that it's a little boring in the beginning, so on the bookshelf it sat for a very long time. I only picked it up because I was desperate to read something new and had no "mad money" to go out and buy a book from my wish list. Also, another online friend couldn't stop raving about it. Boy, was I ever glad I finally gave it a chance!

Have you read the latest books in the series? Young Ian, and Bree and Roger are some of my favorite characters. The last book left off with some real cliff hangers!

Tia Bach said...

I think I finished Book #4. I get so confused with how many there still are, but I would love to find out more about Young Ian and Bree!

Unknown said...

There are seven now with the 8th (and last) one in the works. You definitely should read them all!!