Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Best Book I've Read this Year: Day One in a 30 Day Book Meme

Last week I posted about a 30 Day Book Meme. There are 30 days of questions, and I'll try to answer one a week, if not more often.

Day One: The Best Book You Read Last Year

That's so hard! I have a list of my favorite books on the sidebar, but I haven't updated them in awhile. This past year has been a stellar reading year! Not only did I read some wonderful bestsellers, I found some excellent gems in smaller books.

My five star reviews for 2011 (in random order):
  1. Max and Menna, Shauna Kelley
  2. Valhalla, Jennifer Willis
  3. Art of Racing in the Rain, Garth Stein
  4. Turning Point, Melissa Luznicky Garrett
  5. Come Back to Me, Melissa Foster
  6. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot
  7. Emeralds Never Fade, Stephen Maitland-Lewis
  8. Call Me When You Land, Michael Schiavone
I loved each of these books for different reasons and they span genres. I look forward to reading more books in 2012 and adding to my 5-star list.

What is your top favorite 2011 book?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so honored to be on this list! :-D

Tia Bach said...

Well deserved, Melissa!