Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year: Welcome 2012

Happy New Year! I am looking forward to 2012, a year that will include my 40th birthday. I am recommitting to reading thanks to Stephen King. I just finished his novel, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft. In it, Stephen King reiterates a concept I've always believed: good writers read, and they read a lot.


My biggest 2012 goal... I plan to publish my second novel, our follow up to Depression Cookies. To focus on writing, I believe I have to also focus on reading. I have already joined the 2012 To Be Read (TBR) Pile Challenge, and I plan to join a few more reading challenges this year. Stay tuned for announcements.

I will also continue to review for Rebecca's Reads. This allows me exposure to books I might never hear about otherwise. In January, I will review Stephen King's On Writing, Elizabeth Ann West's Cancelled (scheduled for tomorrow!), Cindy Sample's Dying for a Dance, and many more. Plus, I'll keep answering Should be Reading prompts and questions from my 30 Day Book Meme.

I look forward to sharing good books with all of you. Please do the same. If you've read a book you love, share it with me either in the comments below or on GoodReads, Facebook, or Twitter.

0 comments: